LAKE TWP. The Lake Township Trustees Approved participating in the 2018 Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Recycling District Yard Waste Block Grant Program during the regular meeting on March 12.
Lake Township will receive a total of $69,924 in a block grant from the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Recycling District Yard Waste Block Grant program for operations of its yard waste site.
Trustees heard a presentation by Bill Smith, Stark County Commission and Dave Held, executive director of the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Joint Solid Waste District. Smith and Held told the board they are offering nine yard waste sites around the county a block grant for 2018 and 2019. The amount of the grant varies per site. The amount will be less in 2019.
Smith said they are not sure what will happen to the program by 2020.
"We didn’t want to just end a program that so many people in the county have appreciated so we’ve appropriated money for the next two years," Smith said.
- Authorized paying bills as of March 12 in the amount of $98,380.
- Approved the purchase of repair parts for Road Department Truck No. 1608 for $3,252 from North Canton Truck Center.
- Trustees discussed using social media for township news through the website, Facebook page and possibly starting to use Twitter. Jeremy Yoder said he talked with a local marketing company and got a price of $10,000 to update the social media sites. President John Arnold said they need to talk with other townships to see how they are using social media and how much it costs before moving forward.
- Authorized a $750 payment to Arnold Funeral Home pursuant to the Lake Township Indigent Burial policy. John Arnold abstained from the vote.
- Went into executive session to discuss public employee matters with no action taken.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. March 26 at Township Hall.