- The musical light show, "Holidays on Wildflower," is lit and collecting donations for two causes. All cash and check donations from 2017's Christmas Light Show will benefit Akron Children's Hospital. Also being collected is food for the Akron Canton Regional Food Bank. Drop off food items in the green collection barrel and tune to 93.5 FM and enjoy the show. The light show is at 4781 Wildflower Drive in Green. Visit http://www.facebook.com/holidaysonwildflower for more information.
- The Ten-Year Retrospective exhibition show featuring artwork that has been added to the Little Art Gallery’s permanent collection during Elizabeth Blakemore’s tenure as curator is open. The exhibit will be on display through Jan. 21. Pieces included celebrate the development of the Little Art Gallery’s permanent collection for the past decade. Multifaceted works selected for the show the show include ceramics, blown glass, metalsmithing, mezzotint, painting, drawing and more with pieces dated 1890 to 2014. The gallery of the North Canton Public Library is home to a permanent collection of more than 200 pieces of original artwork by area artists and those whose work has had an impact on the community. For more information, call 330-499-4712, ext. 331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walt Sanders and his 10-piece Cadillac Band will be performing a special tribute to Elvis, including many of his Christmas songs, at the Lions Lincoln Theatre in Massillon at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 and $20 and can be purchased online at www.lionslincolntheatre.org or by calling 1-800-838-3006. The Lions Lincoln Theatre is at 156 Lincoln Way E in Massillon. For more information, call 330-481-9105.
- Pittsburgh-based alt/indie-rock band James Drakes and the Chris Taylor Trio will be performing at George's Lounge, 229 Cleveland Ave. NW. The band has a fun, distinct sound. The show starts at 7 p.m. and will feature other musicians from Canton and from the region.
- The Citizens Bank will hold a grand re-opening to celebrate its newly remodeled branch inside the Acme Fresh Market located at 1474 N. Main St., North Canton. The celebration will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will feature activities for children and adults.The ribbon cutting will take place at 10 a.m. and the celebration will include a balloon artist, refreshments, and giveaways. Citizens customers and the public alike are invited to attend the celebration.
- The Shoji Tabuchi Holiday Show will be held at 12:30 p.m. at Croatian Lodge Ballroom in Eastlake. Shoji Tabuchi has been a favorite performer over the years, and he and his family will be presenting with warmth, humor and professional perfection. They will not only perform their Christmas and holiday music selections, but also a variety of other familiar tunes of times past. The ticket price includes transportation from St. Michael’s Church, lunch and the show. The cost is $105 per person.
- The Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E, will hold Family Movie Night at 5:30 p.m.. This free, interactive movie experience allows the audience to sign along and recite famous lines from "A Christmas Story." Attendees are invited to dress up in a pink bunny suit or a cowboy outfit. No registration is required and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, call 330-832-9831, ext. 317, or visit www.massillonlibrary.org.
- An Internet Basics class is being offered at 3 p.m. at the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E. Attendees will learn to navigate the Internet and World Wide Web. They will get an explanation and demonstration of popular web browsers. Prerequisites are experience using a mouse, keyboard, and the Windows operating system. The class is held in the Library's auditorium, are free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
An Email Basics class will be offered at 3 p.m. at the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E. Attendees will learn how to create, use and navigate an Internet email account. Prerequisites are experience using a computer mouse, keyboard, the Windows operating system, and familiarity with navigating the World Wide Web. The classes are held in the Library's auditorium, are free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.