LAKE TWP. The Lake Township Board of Trustees approved a request from the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) to determine a safe speed limit for Coblentz Avenue during the regular meeting on Nov. 27.
"Currently, the speed limit is 55 mph and it is unrealistic, this request is to determine a speed limit reduction," Board President Galen Stoll said.
He added that ODOT will determine a speed limit that is safe for drivers on Coblentz between State and Midway Streets.
- Authorized paying bills as of Nov. 27 in the amount of $19,404.
- Rescheduled the Dec. 25 regular meeting to 6:30 p.m., Dec. 26 due to the Christmas holiday.
- Approved the purchase of pipe from Marlboro Supply for $9,740 for the William Penn area drainage project.
- Approved waiving the Zoning Permit fee for two temporary signs to be used for an upcoming Christmas event at RiverTree Lake.
- Approved purchasing automated lubricating systems Groeneveld USA for two Cat loaders, one for $6,934 and another for $7,622.
- Hired Christopher Griffin at $12 an hour as an auxiliary Road Department employee contingent upon successful completion of a drug test.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at Township Hall.