LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting Sept. 25, Lake Township Trustees promoted Sgt. Michael Batchik of the Uniontown Police Department to lieutenant.
After returning from an executive session, trustees passed a resolution for Batchik’s promotion, effective Oct. 1. Trustee President Galen Stoll said the promotion doesn’t have a pay increase.
- Authorized paying bills as of Sept. 25 in the amount of $117,908.
- Approved the purchase of a natural gas-powered Kohler generator for the Uniontown Police Department at a cost of up to $8,453 from Pauli Electric.
- Approved a contract with Petrey Lawn and Landscape for clean-up and trimming branches in the Greenlawn Cemetery at a cost of $1,350.
- Authorized the extension of a grant agreement for yard waste drop-off cleanup with Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Joint Solid Waste Management District effective Jan. 1, 2018 through Dec. 31, 2018.
- Approved spending $19,400 for a grading and drainage plan proposal from GBC Design for the Midway Sports Complex project.
- Increased the contracted hourly rate for qualified CDL drivers to $40 an hour and non-CDL drivers to $15 an hour to help when needed with the township’s Supplemental Emergency Snow and Ice Control.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 6:30 p.m., Oct. 9 at the Township Hall.