LAKE TWP. The Lake Local Board of Education approved holding of an online auction starting July 17 through July 24.
DISCUSSION: The online auction will be conducted by KIKO Auctions and will include student desks, equipment, classroom materials and other items from classrooms that have been demolished because of the facilities project. Superintendent Kevin Tobin said the district will hold a larger scale auction next year.
- Passed a resolution to participate in the Stark County Schools Council of Government Cooperative to advertise and receive bids for up to four conventional passenger integrated school bus units.
- Accepted several donations including $2,000 from Hartville PTO for roller skates, $10,000 from Hartville PTO for Hartville Elementary to help meet the needs of students and $3,010 from Giant Eagle Apples for the Students program.
- Renewed a park maintenance agreement with Lake Township for a two-year period beginning June 16 through June 15, 2019.
- Approved rescheduling the July regular board meeting from the third Monday of the month to the second Monday (July 10).
- Approved a list of non-license, non-certificated persons to be hired for the 2017-18 school year. The list included coaches for football, soccer, cheerleading, tennis, golf, bowling, baseball, softball and lacrosse.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 7:30 p.m., July 10 at Lake Middle School, 511 Market Ave. SW, Hartville.