LAKE TWP. The Lake Local Schools Board of Education approved the non-renewal of supplemental contracts for athletic coaches, certified tutors, long-term substitutes and aides.
Superintendent Kevin Tobin said the non-renewals are in accordance with Ohio Revised Code and happen at the end of the school year.
- Authorized a contract with Kiko to conduct an online auction in June for equipment, student desks and classroom materials from classrooms that were part of the demolition for the expansion project.
- Accepted several donations including $3,000 from Lake Youth Softball for fencing of Route 43 fields, $1,500 from Uniontown PTO for roller skates and $6,000 from Zachery Doherty Memorial Scholarship Fund to Gen Yes (Maker Space).
- Approved student fees for the 2017-18 school year.
- Approved a part-time and substitute professional staff rate for the 2017-18 as $90 per day and $100 per day beginning the 15th consecutive day in the same assignment. On the 61st day in one specific teaching position, substitutes will be placed on the salary schedule and afforded other local privileges as granted to regular teachers.
- Approved the non-certified substitute rate for bus drivers at $13 per hour and all other non-certified substitutes at $11 an hour for the 2017-18 school year.
- Authorized sending an updated five-year forecast to the Ohio Department of Education per requirements.
- Scheduled a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. June 15 at the Large Group Instruction Room at Lake Middle School to rehire Edward Laubacher and Michael Mattingly for the 2017-18 school year, each may be or are retired.
- Went into executive session to discuss the purchase of property for public use with no action taken.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 7:30 p.m. June 19 at Lake Middle School, 511 Market Ave. SW.