LAKE TWP. The Lake Local Schools Board of Education approved a three-year and a two-year negotiated agreement with the Lake Local Education Association (LLEA) for classified staff during the regular meeting on April 17.
Superintendent Kevin Tobin said the first agreement is effective July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020, and the second is effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022.
There are 170 classified employees in the district. They will receive a 2 percent raise next year and the following year and a 2.5 percent raise in years three and four with a "me-too clause," in which they will receive the same raises as certified employees for year five.
Employees’ insurance contributions will go up in years two, three and four and a me-too for year five.
"It’s helpful to have the classified contract in place as we move into the new buildings, it’s another piece of the puzzle," Tobin said. "The classified staff are paramount to our success and we’re happy and pleased that we could come together for contracts to cover the next five years of contracts."
- Held the monthly Hartville Lion’s Club, Uniontown Lion’s Club and the Lake Board of Education recognition program. The following students and staff were recognized: Jillian Sanders and Cole Carson, 3rd grade, Shelby Miller and Kadin Sommers, 5th grade, Katherine Osmundson and Caleb Irwin, 8th grade, Heidi Genevish and Anthony Armentrout, 12th grade. Also, recognized Nancy Turner, teacher of the month, April Schrock, employee of the month and Tara Bowers, volunteer of the month.
- Approved student handbooks for Lake High School, Lake Middle School, Lake Elementary, Hartville Elementary and Uniontown Elementary.
- Approved the graduating class of 2017 upon its completion of academic requirements and verification of the high school principal. There are 305 graduates on the list for graduation scheduled for 3 p.m., June 3 at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
- Announced a public hearing during the regular meeting in May regarding the intent to rehire Edward P. Laubacher and Michael Mattingly for the 2017/2018 school year.
- Approved a contract for Adam Booth for assistant principal of Lake Middle School, effective August 1, 2017 through July 31, 2019.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 7:30 p.m.,= May 15 at Lake Middle School, 511 Market Ave. SW.
Copyright © 2008 THE REPOSITORY