LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on Feb. 27, the Lake Township Trustees appointed or reappointed three people to the Lake Township Zoning Commission and one person to the Lake Township Board of Zoning Appeals.
Percy J. Potts was appointed as an alternate to the Board of Zoning Appeals. Jessica A. Swartz was appointed as an alternate to the Zoning Commission. John White was appointed to the Zoning Commission along with Jeffrey R. Kiko who is filling the vacant, unexpired term of Darrin Noble.
- Authorized paying bills as of February 27, in the amount of $89,409.
- Approved corrected expenditures for January 23 of $136,209 and for February 13 of $329,576.
- Approved purchasing 18,000 pounds of crack sealant and other materials from D.J.L. Material & Supply for $10,048.
- Approved the purchase of items to upgrade the security system at the Road Department Garage from ProTech Security in the amount of $2,231.
- Authorized the purchase of GPS/wifi antennas from Concord Road Equipment for the road department at a cost of $3,560.
- Authorized the purchase of a 10-ton Eager Beaver easy load trailer from Southeastern Equipment Co., Inc. at a cost of $13,860.
- Approved sending a letter to cancel the health and medical insurance policy for township employees from provider Medical Mutual of Ohio and authorized participation in the Stark County Schools’ Council of Governments health and medical insurance program for a significant savings, both effective April 1, 2017.
- Approved sending a letter to cancel the basic life insurance policy through Lincoln National Life Insurance because of the life insurance policy available through the Stark County Schools' Council of Governments, effective April 1, 2017.
- Signed the Memorandum of Understandings – Utility Workers of America, AFL-CIO Local 578; Fraternal Order of Police, Ohio Labor Council.
- Voiced board support of the renewal of the 0.50 percent Stark County Sales Tax.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 6:30 p.m., March 13 at the Township Hall.