LAKE TWP. Township trustees hired three new part-time auxiliary police officers, effective immediately, during the Feb. 13 board meeting.
The board hired Makenzie Callahan, David Pickard and Brian Somers as part-time officers at $15 an hour. President Galen Stoll said all three have passed the background check and all required testing.
- Authorized paying bills as of Jan. 23, in the amount of $490,162, amount includes distributions for the fire department.
- Sold two 2011 Crown Victoria Cruisers to the highest bidders. The township received five sealed bids for the vehicles. Unit six sold to Welcome Motors of Chicago for $1,696 and unit three sold to Bayridge Motors in Staten Island for $1,579.
- Approved purchasing two new vehicles for the Uniontown Police Department: A 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe for a starting price of $36,317, less a trade in value of $7,200 for a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe for a final cost of $29,117; and a 2017 Ford Explorer for $28,423. Both vehicles will be purchased from Sharshone Ford in Randolph.
- Approved purchasing 20 new badges and 20 wallet badges for officers from Galls at a cost of $6,260.
- Approved the purchase of a Vermeer BC1000XL Brush Chipper for the road department at a starting cost of $33,855, less a rental fee of $42,00 and a trade-in of $3,000 for a final cost of $26,655.
- Authorized the purchase of a 2017 Ford F-550 truck and chassis from Ganley Ford for the road department for a starting price of $38,870, less a trade in of $15,000 for a 2004 Ford F-550 for a final cost of $23,903.
- Authorized the purchase of an 11-foot truck bed for the Ford F-550 for $10,250, including materials and labor to install.
REMINDER: The Back the Blue spaghetti dinner is scheduled for 3 to 6 p.m., March 5 at the Lake High School cafeteria in support of local police forces.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 6:30 p.m. Feb. 27 at the Township Hall.