NORTH CANTON The North Canton City Schools Board of Education held the annual organizational meeting on Jan. 11 and re-elected Bruce Hunt as board president and Julie Cross as board vice president for the year.
The board set the monthly regular meetings for 6 p.m., the third Wednesday of each month. Also, the board approved membership in the Ohio School Boards Association.
Superintendent Jeff Wendorf recognized board members with a certificate and thanked them for their continued service and leadership to the district.
- Approved the 2017-18 school calendar.
- Authorized Melissa Wolfe, ISGI to attend the 2017 Accessibility Summit in Washington D.C., March 23-25 with no cost to the board.
- Approved raising the pay rate for proctors from $10 to $15 an hour.
- Heard a presentation from Early Childhood Center Principal Michael Coppa that the center received a Five-Star Step Up to Quality ranking and banner from the Ohio Department of Education. Coppa said the Center had 32 students enrolled in 2014 and as of January 2017, there are 118 students in five full-time classrooms.
- Approved a field trip for the speech and debate team coaches and students to participate in the Sylvania Speech and Debate International with no cost to the board except for transportation.
The next regular meeting will be 6 p.m., Feb. 15 in the media room at Hoover High School.