LAKE TWP. The Lake Township Trustees clarified a resolution passed during a special meeting held on Dec. 22 where it was approved that part-time Uniontown police officers will work six major holidays, including Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Part-time Uniontown police officers will work the six holidays at $30 an hour. The move will save the township money because the full-time offers work at a higher rate of pay during holidays. Plus, it will allow the full-time officers to remain home with their families during those days.
- Approved holding the annual meeting of the Tax Incentive Review Council at 7:45 a.m. Dec. 29 immediately followed at 8 a.m. by the 2017 organizational meeting which will include any final business from 2016.
- Approved paying the bills as of Dec. 27, in the amount of $65,227.
- Approved the NEXUS Roadway Use, Repair and Maintenance Agreement (RUMA).
- Authorized the payment of $698 for the repair of a starter for the CASE 721D loader used in the recycle yard.
- Renewed the health insurance plan from Whitaker Myers Benefit Plans and HRA/COBRA Administration with Consumer Driven Administrators, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is the annual organizational meeting at 8 a.m., Dec. 29. The next regular meeting is 6:30 p.m., Jan. 9 at the Township Hall.