- The Little Art Gallery received two generous donations to its permanent collection and the pieces will be on display as part of the gallery’s annual permanent collection exhibit. The pieces are: Clyde Singer "Eternal Idler"1948, Oil on Masonite, a gift from Dr. Gene Gilbert; and Ferdinand A. Brader "Adolph Lincke’s Homestead, Marlboro Township, Stark County, Ohio" 1890, Graphite and Colored Pencil on Wove Paper, a gift from Carl Lincke. The exhibit will be on display through Jan. 22. The Little Art Gallery is in the North Canton Library, 185 N. Main St. For more information, call 330-499-4712.
- Registration is open for the Aultman Health Foundation's and the Eric Snow YMCA's Losin’ It program. It is an eight-week program offering health screenings, education and fitness classes to improve your overall health. Participants will be led through scheduled exercise routines. At the conclusion of the program, prizes will be given in the following categories: overall winner (weight and inches lost), most inches lost winner and full participation winner. Participants will enjoy limitless fitness classes, which will be held at the downtown Canton YMCA, 420 Third St. NW. Participants can also expect to learn and perform more than 100 different exercises during this program. It is a high-intensity program, but includes modifications for every fitness level. The cost for the program is just $9 for members and $89 for non-members. The program runs Jan. 9 through March 1. Pick up a registration form at the YMCA membership desk or call 330-458-2403 for more information.
- Register now for Day Camp being offered at the YMCA Gymnastics Center for kids ages 3 to 6 (potty trained), boys age 7 and older and girls age 6 and older. The camp is half day (three hours) and includes gymnastics, games and crafts. Register one week prior. The center is located at 7241 Whipple Avenue. Call 330-498-4082 for more information.
- North Canton YMCA's Kid's Night Out will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the North Canton Community Building YMCA's Child Development Center. The night is for kids ages 3 (potty trained) through 12. Register now for the event. Cost for members is $14 per child and $19 per child for nonmembers. Add a late registration fee of $5 the day of the event. The cost includes dinner, gym time and all activities.
- A Chorus for a Cause will present "The Gift of Christmas" at 3:30 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 1516 Edison St. NW, Lake Township. The 80-voice choir was voted the 2015 and 2016 Best Performance Group in Stark County by About Magazine. It has donated more than $60,000 to local nonprofits in the community. The concert is free and open to the public, but donations are appreciated. For more information about Chrous for a Cause, visit www.achorusforacause.org.