LAKE TWP. The Lake Township trustees authorized hiring Nicole Wilkinson as the new zoning administrator during the regular meeting on Dec. 12.
After returning from an executive session, the trustees approved hiring Wilkinson at $22 an hour effective Jan. 1, 2017, conditional upon passing all required testing.
- Rescheduled the Dec. 26 regular meeting to 6:30 p.m. Dec. 27 due to the holiday.
- Approved holding a special meeting 8:30 a.m. Dec. 30 for any final business for 2016 and to organize for 2017.
- Approved two Drop-Off Cleanup/Host Community Grants for 2017 with the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Joint Solid Waste Management District for recycling and yard waste.
- Authorized a Snow Service Agreement with Todd’s Enviroscapes for snow removal at the township hall for the seasonal amount of $3,350.
- Authorized the disposal of old and unused phone systems through the Lake Township E-Waste recycle program. The phone systems were used by the administrative office and the Uniontown Police Department. The equipment was no longer needed and had no value.
- Heard from the Uniontown Police Department that the department had 24 kids in the Shop with a Cop program on Dec. 10. The department will also be participating in a Secret Santa. Due to the generous gift of an anonymous donor, officers will be giving away $100 daily to one safe driver beginning Dec. 13 - 23. On Christmas Eve, the department will be giving away $100 cash to four safe drivers. To qualify, drivers must be observed by a Uniontown PD officer driving safely and obeying traffic laws. It’s open to all drivers.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 6:30 p.m., Dec. 27 at the Township Hall.