- The Players Guild Theatre will present the one-man drama, "RFK," by Jack Holmes. Starring local actor and longtime Guild collaborator Aaron Brown, RFK will be presented in the intimate surroundings of the William G. Fry Theatre in Canton throughout November. Tickets for this Downstage Drama are $17 for adults and $13 for 17 years old and younger. Tickets may be purchased online at www.playersguildtheatre.com, or in person at the Players Guild Box Office, located in the Great Court of the Cultural Center for the Arts, 1001 Market Avenue N. Tickets may also be purchased by phone: 330-453-7617.
- Quick Books I for beginners will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Learn how to use the accounting software to create meaningful financial statements; profit and loss reports; budgets and forecasts and more to grow your business. Registration and payment for the session must be made online atwww.CantonSBDC.org. Click on QuickBooks and choose the available date. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. For more information, contact the Small Business Development Center at 330-244-3290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Massillon Public Library invites kids grades 4 through 8 to attend a special Tween Time from 1:30 to 3 p.m. It will be a fun and messy afternoon of science experiments. The program is free and registration is required in person, by phone at 330-832-5037 or www.massillonlibrary.org. The library is at 208 Lincoln Way E. The Second Street entrance is handicapped accessible.
- The arts community continues its collaboration with the Stark County Hunger Task Force to fight local hunger by staging Palette2Palate charity art event at the Joseph A. Saxton Gallery of Photography in Canton. Talented local artists donate their work to be featured for purchase inlive and silent auctions with proceeds going to help alleviate hunger in Stark County. Every dollar raised provides up to seven pounds of groceries for residents struggling to put food on their table. Doors open at 7 p.m. For tickets, visit www.starkhunger.org – a pre-sale price of $50 continues through Saturday, after the price increases to $55. The event is held at 520 Cleveland Ave NW.
- With lights, fog, a unique sound track and loads of action, FamBlitz Live will be held at 6 p.m. at Canton’s First Friends Church. Live is a fast-paced, high-octane event for the entire family. In a Super Bowl atmosphere, families will witness the Mama’s Pajama Jump, Grandpa’s Rubber Face, the Ultimate FX Live Chicken and Bone Challenge, the Gator Snot Drop and The Flying TP Blast. Tickets are free for kids aged 18 and under and $5 for adults. Tickets can be purchased in advance at the church located at 5455 Market Avenue N, or at the door the night of the event. For more information, call 330-966-2800 or visit the church’s website at www.firstfriends.org.
- The Ohio Small Business DevelopmentCenter at Kent State University at Stark is sponsoring an information session in starting a small business or for those who are in the early stages of business formation. The session will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Kent State University at Stark Conference Center, 6000 Frank Avenue NW, Jackson Township. There is a $10 fee per person for program materials. Registration and payment must be made online at www.cantonsbdc.org. For more information, contact the SBDC at 330-244-3290 or email email@example.com.
- Single Seniors will hold a luncheon meeting at 1:30 p.m. at Samantha's, 4954 Portage St. NW, Jackson Twp. Reservations are required. Call Norma at 330-452-5889 or Bernie at 330-477-5325.
- The Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Mother Teresa will be held in Walsh University's Barrette Business and Community Center, 2020 East Maple Street, North Canton. The event is free and open to the public at begins at 7 p.m. Registration preferred as seating is limited. Register online at www.walsh.edu/motherteresa. For questions, contact Molly Romano at 330.490.7581 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pregnancy Choices will present "An Evening with Scott Klusendorf" from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Conference Center of Kent State University at Stark, 6000 Frank Ave. NW, Jackson Towsnhip. Special music will be provided by recording artist Renee Welsch, best known for her album "All I Want to Say." There will be an opportunity to partner financially with Pregnancy Choices. Make reservations by calling 330-455-7500 or online at www.pregnancychoicesforme.org.
- Lake High School will host a Veterans Day Celebration from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. to honor those that have fought for the country and freedom. All veterans and their families are invited to attend. An informal morning reception will be held for veterans prior to the ceremony in the Lake High School Cafeteria beginning at 7:45 a.m. The ceremony, includes speakers and music. Enter door No. 7 off Market Avenue by the Lake Community Library or door No. 5 by the YMCA.
- Jason Petty will be performing some of Hank Williams’ greatest hits at the Lions Lincoln Theatre in Massillon at 7:30 p.m. All seats are reserved and tickets are $15 for the main floor and $10 for the balcony. Petty brings Williams story to audiences in his one man tribute "Jason Petty’s Hank Williams – The Lonesome Tour." The Lions Lincoln Theatre is at 156 Lincoln Way E. For more information or to buy tickets, visit www.lionslincolntheatre.org or call 330-481-9105.
- Lil’ Lambs Closet toy sale will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Brand new and like new toys, games, books, puzzles, electronics, arts and crafts, sports, play furniture and more. Thirty percent of all proceeds go to local Children's Charities. The sale is located at Church of the Lakes United Methodist Church, 5944 Fulton Road, at the corner of Fulton and Brunnerdale in Jackson Township. For more information, visit www.cotl-lillambscloset.com.
- The Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., invites readers to join in the free local Author Fair from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The fair provides a platform for local writers to showcase their work, connect with interested readers and network with other area authors. It is also an exciting event for readers to explore new authors, talk with them, and peruse their books. For more information, call 330-832-9831, Ext. 312, or visit www.massillonlibrary.org. The Second Street entrance is handicapped accessible.
- Singing impressionist Randy Velez will perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Lions Lincoln Theatre in Massillon. Seating is general admission. Tickets are $10 and children 11 and under are admitted free with an adult. With a vocal range of more than five octaves, Velez performs as Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Freddie Fender, Hank Williams, Louis Armstrong, Neal Diamond, Elton John and many others. The theater is located at 156 Lincoln Way E. For more information or to buy tickets, visit www.lionslincolntheatre.org or call 330-481-9105.
- The Walsh University Department of History will host a reception in honor of the release of Walsh Associate Professor Dr. Kelly Mezurek's book, "For Their Own Cause: The 27th United States Colored Troops." The reception will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the lower level of the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chapel. This event is open the public. Light refreshments will be provided and copies of the book will be available for sale. The book is the first comprehensive history of the 27th USCT.
- The second speaker of the Kent State University at Stark's Featured Speakers Series will be held at 7:30 p.m. The speaker, RJ Mitte played Walt Jr., the son of the cancer-stricken science teacher-turned-drug manufacturer, on the Emmy-winning AMC drama "Breaking Bad." All Featured Speakers Series programs are free and open to the public; however, tickets are required. Tickets are now available at the Main Hall Information Desk on the Kent State Stark campus. For more information about RJ Mitte’s talk or Kent State Stark’s Featured Speakers Series, call 330-244-3223 or visit http://www.kent.edu/stark/featured-speakers-series.
You are invited to a Thanksgiving Meal at noon in the Church of the Lakes activity center located at 5944 Fulton Drive NW. Don’t be home alone for the holiday. Join us for a family-style meal, with great food and lively conversation. This event is free and open to the community. However, seating is limited, and reservations are required. To reserve your space contact Sheri Grunwald at email@example.com or 330-806-1934 with your name, phone number and number of people in your group.